This is the 3rd in a series of getting started on family history.
Click here for part 1
Cick here for part 2
Understanding the typical time lines often helps you to estimate in a practical way to discover facts about your ancestors.
Use a fact/date to approximate or estimate other events.
- Usually the first child was born 1 year after the marriage.
- Most women married about the age of 21
- A man usually married about the age of 25
- Siblings often had similar life spans
- People sometimes gave the name of a child that died as an infant to the next child.