Monday, August 27, 2012

A Short Example Of A Lifes Lesson Gone Legacy

I received this by email from my Aunt Ruth Wood Cragun. I thought it important that I share this. She has given me permission to post it and to link this to her fathers file in FamilySearch Family Tree for all their posterity to find.

My grandfather (Edward Sterling WOOD) died many years ago. He and my grandmother had one child  (my father (Archibald Arnold Wood...known as Archie his entire life). Grandpa and Grandma (Ruth Esther Reynolds WOOD) also had a daughter who died at birth. Grandpa carried this verse in his wallet right up until the day he died. It was then given to me by his sister and I've saved the original, but have carried THIS  in MY wallet ever since I received it.
        I had been raised to believe my Wood lineage were Cherokee Indians (and now I realize a LOT of people think they are). All the family pictures I have of the Wood family  certainly LOOK Indian! IN ANY CASE, here's the verse he (and now I) have carried  with us ... lo these  many years. I feel it says a SO MUCH, because it is SO TRUE. Maybe someone you know. might need a 'lift' or a 're-think' concerning his/her life!
      
An old Indian grandfather told his grandson, "There is a battle
between two wolves that live within you. One is 'evil' and has anger, envy,
sorrow, regrets, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment,
inferiority, lies, superiortiy and ego.

  The other wolf is 'good' and has joy, peace, love, hope, serenity,
humility, kindness, empathy, generosity, faith, courage, honor and
integrity.
The grandson asked his grandfather, "Which one wins"?
      The old Indian simply replied, "The one you feed".

No comments:

Post a Comment