Monday, August 6, 2012

England And Wales Historical Directories

There are links to some really good blogs that are listed on the right sidebar of this blog. I am regularly updating these links. Please comment if there is one you think should be added. In addition to offering it to you I use this as a way for me to organize sites I think relevant to my research.

One of them, Tangled Trees, click here, brought my attention to a useful directory for England and  Wales. Here is a portion, click the link above for the full article.
Free Digital Library of Historical Directories

      
Historical Directories is a digital library of local and trade directories for England and Wales, from 1750 to 1919. It is a free website produced by the University of Leicester and is very user friendly being searchable by location, decades, or keywords.

No comments:

Post a Comment