Monday, August 20, 2012

Genealogy Links On This Blog

New links are added today.

Most of what goes on, on the right side of this blog are various links to or from other websites. The photo in this article shows examples of links going to other sites.

When I find websites that I think will help in my research, I add them to the sidebar and categorize them. It is a way I keep them organized and keep from forgetting them. I have pioneer ancestors as well as from Ireland, England, maybe Scotland, Kentucky, Indiana, and Virginia.

I can't focus on all of these at once, but by placing them in my sidebar they are there for me when I am ready.

I also hope they are of interest to others who might have ancestors from the same localities.

Some of the links are incoming, in that as they are of  a related topic their most recent articles come to the blog.

Today I am adding several sites I discovered in a class during the monthly Riverton Saturday Seminar.

www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w.htm a free site, a directory of where to write for vital records.

www.worldvitalrecords.com another database of  U S Vital records.

www.germanroots.com/deathrecords.html  Online Searchable Death Indexes for the USA Includes Obituaries, Cemeteries & the Social Security Death Index (Search leads to a pay site)

www.deathindexes.com Free for death

www.germanroots.com/vitalrecords.html

www.linkpendium.com Directory County, City: US Vital Records

No comments:

Post a Comment