Friday, July 13, 2012

Family Search Family Tree For Members Now

You can now access Family Tree if you are a church member with your passwords. Those not members will start soon we hope. This is still in Beta mode, but enough is done that there is a trail for LDS members to sign up. Note the Users guide is in the right sidebar. It's a big file and takes some time to load up. Just click the picture in the sidebar.

Today I fixed a problem that was bugging me, of my dads mother having two sets of parents in the new.familysearch.com site. I undid the wrong relationship and documented my work. It was cool.

Here is the path to get access: go to https://new.familysearch.org/ and login.
Next: Go to the "help center:
Next: Scroll down to the bottom to the Family Tree section and follow instructions when you click "Gaining Access to the FamilySearch Family Tree.

And don't forget: don't make any changes without documentation and explanations. That's the point of this.


I might add, the linking process will become simpler I am sure. The goal is to link documents to the ancestors. Right now I am doing that by linking to a unique URL from Flickr.com or an article I post on a blog. I have seen a mock up of a future website that leads me to believe it will be a simple upload to familysearch.org that will provide you the ability to link the document, story, etc to your ancestors.



By the way, I have seen a version of the updated website and can tell you that it will be great. Easy to use, with features you will love. These people are serious.

I encourage you to make sure you have read the article "Family Tree Will Change Genealogy Research Forever". It is in the sidebar as one of the sites most read most popular articles or you can click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment